Here we go.

20 December 2009

Habitat for Catmanity

Yesterday, we did the habitat photo shoot with Kat. It was a lot of work, but a total treat. The real life "props" that I picked to represent myself: a bowl of pho & Vietnamese coffee [my love of food and a nod to my Vietnamese heritage], some camping gear [love of being out of doors], cooking gear, books by Louise Erdrich [spirituality, complicated family relationships], Charles Portis & Kyril Bonfiglioli [humor], Victor Whitney Wiley [my best friend], SOLO & music. We really wanted the shoot to take place in the dining room because of the new light fixture, the object we wished to represent our new home, where we are throwing down some roots. The WAR IS OVER (if you want it) posters offers duel representation: my liberal political views & my father, who introduced me to music, including Yoko & John. There are lots of little things to represent my family & interests. I really wanted to work the blog into the photo, but I honestly didn't know how to do that without lugging in the laptop. At one point, Kat said we needed more stuff, so we threw in a lot of things w/o much regard, but I think it'll be fine & will work. There's a lot going on & I trust she did a bitchin' job. She did give me a preview photo that isn't a habitat photo, but it's neat looking anyway.


Last night, we went to Heather/Zach's for a mini-impromptu Christmas party to decorate a gingerbread house, drink boozy hot chocolate & play Wii. I had a good time and I want a Wii more than ever. How about it, *Santa?

ATM & the precious Ruby:

Zach/Keiko/Heather:

We did the best we could:

Wii wii wii all the way home:

Spectators:



Unrelated -- sometimes the cold trumps hard feelings, right SOLO, baby?



"Making of" our habitat photo:










*I never stopped believing! But, seriously, I feel grown ups need Santa just as much as children, yeah? I am soooooo leaving cookies out this year.

7 comments:

nicole said...

LOVELY pic! I wanna see more! Also, regarding Santa... I always watch the local news (OK, just the weather report) on Christmas Eve. Never fails: They always report on the night sky that evening and show a Santa/reindeer/sleigh graphic demonstrating how Santa will fare whilst delivering his gifts 'round the world. I ADORE THIS! Long live the believers! However old we may be. xo.

AMD & KMHD said...

Dad took his role as Santa very seriously. Boot prints in the snow, crumbs from cookies consumed, etc. Awww, Pops.

I've been good, Santa!!!

AMD & KMHD said...

He also left reindeer tracks, too!

nicole said...

Wow! I love your dad's commitment! That's pretty darn sweet. I hope you'll carry on his traditions for your kiddos one day.

My sister and I got a "thank you" note from Santa, telling us how much he enjoyed the cookies and milk. As we got older, we began noticing how Santa's handwriting looked an awful lot like our mom's, ha!

samantha said...

i love that robert was representing.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

It was extremely interesting for me to read the post. Thanx for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.

Blog Archive